- Guerlain were launching their new fresh fragrance ‘La Petite Robe Noire’ at Christmas time.
- The brand had two challenges; drive awareness of the product to capitalise on pre Christmas sales and raise awareness of the fact that each bottle could be personalised, free of charge, by having the customer’s initials hand engraved into the glass.
- How to find a way to connect with them in a credible way on a one to one basis?
- Twitter provided the ideal platform as it is:
– Popular with the target audience
– Geo-located (could target people close to store)
– Enables a one to one personalised dialogue between the brand and the consumer.
- Sponsored tweets showcased four beautiful backgrounds created by the famous artists Kuntzel+Deygas. The tweets offered people the chance to add their initials to create a personalised version of the pictures.
- They simply selected the picture they wanted through a specific # and tweeted it to @Guerlain to receive a personalised picture.
- They also received a link to a micro-site where they could find the nearest store to visit to get a bottle engraved free of charge. If there wasn’t a store close by they were given an exclusive code that they could redeem online for their free engraving.
The campaign was a resounding success from an engagement, drive to store and earned media point of view as you can see from the below results.
A staggering 3.75% CTR
57% of the participants clicked through to visit the micro-site to find their nearest store
51% of the people shared the sponsored tweet with their followers